ThruPut Manager SE (Standard Edition), or TM SE, with ThruPut Manager's base module alone or with one or more of its optional components, allows a datacenter to tactically address specific batch issues. TM SE solutions for batch include:
- Restricting software to a specific system to reduce software license fees.
- Managing dataset contention, ensuring priority workload gets access as datasets become available.
- Binding jobs to run where a specific database, software license or other resource resides.
- Limiting the number of jobs with similar resource requirements running concurrently, preventing over-utilization of resources.
- Merging different workload standards due to datacenter consolidation and acquisitions.
- Pre-staging HSM and VTS recalls which otherwise delay jobs at run-time.
- Eliminating interference with production from TSO sessions holding datasets.
- Moving an entire application with a single command, when its "home" system has an unexpected outage.